Hot Water Heating Coils
U Tube Coils All sizes and styles
Hubbell water heating coils are designed to efficiently transfer heat from a steam, boiler water, solar water or high temperature hot water (HTHW) system to the domestic potable hot water system. The primary heat source (steam, boiler water, solar water or HTHW) travels through the tubing in the Hubbell heating coil and transfers heat to the secondary system (potable water) without allowing either system to come into direct contact with the other. Hubbell heating coils are designed and constructed for maximum efficiency and longevity and additional features are readily available to provide the most appropriate style and material of construction for virtually any application. When you specify and install a Hubbell water heating coil, you will have confidence in knowing the owner will be provided with a trouble-free and long lasting source for hot water.
High Quality Construction
- Each tube bundle is constructed according to ASME requirements to ensure the highest performance in even the most demanding application
- Available in a full range of styles and sizes to meet the specific requirements of any commercial or industrial application
- Hubbell heating coils utilize Steam, Boiler Water, Solar Water or High Temperature Hot Water (HTHW) to heat potable water
Tube Bundle General Configuration
Heating Coils Tube Standard Specifications
- 20 BWG
- 1 1/4" (typically used in long tube bundles with high capacity recovery ratings and lower steam pressure)
- 1/2" O.D. Tube
- 90/10 Copper-Nickel, Type 304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel
- 90/10 Copper-Nickel, Stainless Steel
- Fabricated Carbon Steel with Copper Coating, Fabricated Stainless Steel (304 or 316L)
Tube Sheet Style:
- Full face tube sheet
- ASME stamped and certified
- ANSI class 300 flanged construction
- Built in accordance to TEMA Standards
- Specify as required
- Typically installed if tubes are over 30" in length
- Used in shell and tube type heat exchangers, not required in storage tank heaters unless the heating coil is a "wrapped and baffle" design utilizing a pump for forced circulation over the coil
Model Number Configuration
C = 4"
D = 5"
E = 6"
F = 8"
G = 10"
H = 12"
J = 14"
K = 16"
L = 18"
X = Other
In Sq. Feet:
5-800 Sq. Ft.
S = Single Wall
D = Double Wall
C = Copper
N = 90/10
F = 304
S = 316L SS
B = Carbon Steel with
N = 90/10
F = 304
S = 316L SS
N = Not Supplied
F = Fabricated
B = Fabricated
Carbon Steel with
S = Fabricated
Is an 8" Class 150 ANSI flanged heating coil with 61 square feet of heating surface in a single wall 2 pass copper tube coil and carbon steel copper faced tube sheet design with a fabricated steel head and an immersion length of 80 inches.
- Hot Water Heating Coils Catalog PDF (2.2 MB)
- Hot Water Heating Coils Sizing Formula PDF (527 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.
P.O. Box 288
Stratford, CT 06615-0288
View our current digital materials available in our resource center.Go To Product Center