Shipboard Electric Water Heater
6-119 Gallon Capacity, up to 12 KW, Single Phase
The Hubbell Model ME water heater is specifically designed for marine use and is in USCG conformance and IS ABS Type Approved. The entire water heater is securely fastened to the ship structure by utilizing deck and bulkhead mounting supports. This support system provides a secure and reliable water heater installation. To ensure tank longevity the Model ME water heater is constructed of steel and is internally lined with specially formulated hydrastone cement. The hydrastone cement lining, along with the solid copper-silicon threaded tank openings and a built in heat trap device all ensure a longer lasting, energy efficient water heater that is resistant to the higly corrosive effects of hot water.
When you specify and install a model ME, knowing that it is in conformance with USGC regulations and ABS Type Approved, you will have confidence that the ship owner will be provided with a long lasting, trouble-free source for hot water.
- Sizing &
- Formulas &
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) conformance and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Type Approved
- USCG conformance and ABS Type Approval eliminates costly delays and uncertainties during ship inspection
Heavy Duty Construction
- Hydrastone cement lining provides longer tank life
- Copper-silicon tappings cannot rust or corrode
- High impact composite jacket eliminates damage during installation and transit and cannot rust or corrode
- Heavy duty legs secure the tank to deck
- Side-Sway bulkhead attachment points provide added mounting integrity
- The entire mounting system is integrally welded to tank for maximum stability and safety
- 2" thick polyurethane foam insulation reduces heat loss
- Built-in heat trap lowers operating costs
- Full five (5) year Non Pro-rated tank warranty is standard
- Full ten (10) year Non Pro-rated tank warranty can be specified for extended protection
Model ME Water Heater Specifications
Standard: 5 Year Non Pro-Rated
Optional: 10 Year Non Pro-Rated
The Hubbell tank is all welded heavy steel construction designed for 100 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi. Each tank is centrifugally lined with 1/2" thick seamless high density Hydrastone cement with guaranteed 100% coverage of all steel surfaces. All tank openings are non-ferrous solid copper-silicon and are resistant to the corrosive effects of hot water.
Factory constructed heavy-duty leg supports are integrally welded to the tank for secure deck mounting. Side-sway bulkhead attachment points are provided for added mounting integrity. This mounting support system provides a stable water heater installation for added mounting integrity. This mounting support system provides a stable water heater installation with improved safety compared to a typical water heater secured with a belly-band
3/4" combination cold water inlet and drain, with non-corrosive strata fow diffuser which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and assures delivery of more hot water - not lukewarm water.
A 3/4" hot water outlet with a uniquely designed built-in heat trap prevents heated water from radiating through the piping during standby periods.
Copper sheathed immersion heating elemtns with low watt density for prolonged life - up to 12 KW in 120, 208, 240, 277, 440 or 480 volt single phase. An adjustable surface thermostat operates in 110-170°F range.
Integral hi-limit with manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F.
Upper and lower elemnt configurations are factory wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Highly efficient 2" thick polyurethane foam insulation exceeds the latest ASHRAE standards for nergy efficiency and heat loss
The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and does not require painting.
Model ME Dimensional Data
|Storage Capacity (Gallons)||Base Model Number||Standard Configurations||Alternate Configurations||Dimensions (Inches)||Shipping Weight (lbs.)|
|Overall Diameter||Overall Height||Deck to Inlet "A"||Deck to T&P "B"||Bulkhead Mounting Dimension "C"||Bolt Circle "D"|
|KW||Volts 1Φ||KW||Volts 1Φ|
|6||ME06||1.5||120 or 240||1.5, 2, 3||120 208 240 277 480||14||17.5||5||12||None||None||100|
|10||ME10||1.5||120 or 240||1.5, 2, 3 4, 4.5||20||27||13||21||None||13||140|
|19||ME20||1.5||120 or 240||20||39||13||33||None||13||180|
|30||ME30||4.5||240||1.5, 2, 3, 4, 4.5, 5, 6||20||47.5||13||40||12||13||215|
120 volt models are available in 1500, 2000, and 2500 Watts only.
The 6, 10, and 20 Gallon models are available in lower element design only. All other sizes have both upper and lower element banks of identical wattage and are wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Formulas To Solve For:
RecoveryGPH x _____________ °F ΔT x 0.00244 = KW
KW x 410 ÷ GPH = ____________ °F ΔT
KW x 410 ÷ __________ °F ΔT = GPH
Note: 1 KW will heat 4.1 GPH at a 100°F ΔT
Electrical(KW x 1000) ÷ Volts = Amps 1 Φ
- Immersion thermostat specify 100-180°F or 30-110°F temperature range
- Immersion adjustable 100-240°F safety hi-limit cut out with manual reset
- Secondary heating capability provided by a factory installed heat exchanger constructed from single wall (Optional: double wall) copper fin tube
- Combination temperature and pressure gauge: 2 1/2" dial, 30-240°F, 0-200 psi - factory installed
- 1 1/2" Male NPT inlet and outlet water connections
- Solid Type 304 or 316L stainless steel, 90/10 copper nickel alloy tank for extended tank life
- Three phase open delta wiring (must be simultaneous operation)
- Heating elements wired for simultaneous operation
- Full 10 Year Non Pro-Rated tank warranty
- Special construction including hazardous location, NEMA 4 and other features available
- Alternate working pressure available
Model Number Designation ME
6-119 U.S. Gallons
Upper and Lower KW:
1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 6
(upper and lower KW must
be the same)
SL = Hydrastone Cement
SS = Solid stainless
CN = Solid 90/10
A = 120-1-60
RS = 208-1-60
S = 240-1-60
W = 277-1-60
T5S = 440-1-60
T4S = 480-1-60
R = 208-3-60 (open delta)
T = 240-3-60 (open delta)
T3 = 380-3-50/60 (open delta)
T5 = 440-3-60 (open delta)
T4 = 480-3-60 (open delta)
ME80 - 4.5 - 4.5SLS
Model ME marine water heater with a storage capacity of 80 gallons with 4.5 KW upper and lower heating elements. Tank is cement lined and operates at 240 V, single phase, 60 Hz power.
- Model ME Brochure PDF (1.4 MB)
- Model ME Written Spec PDF (432 KB)
- Model ME Written Spec DOC (26.0 KB)
- Model ME O&M Manual PDF (1.3 MB)
- Model ME ABS Approval Certificate PDF (275 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.