Light Duty Commercial Electric Water Heater
6-120 Gallon Capacity, up to 12 KW, Single Phase and Three Phase Open Delta
The Hubbell Model E water heater incorporates a number of features not found in other conventional heaters which makes it better suited to resist the highly corrosive effects of hot water. The heart of a Hubbell water heater is a superior storage vessel which utilizes a specially formulated Hydrastone cement lining, solid copper-silicon threaded tank openings and a built-in heat trap device, all of which ensure a longer lasting and energy efficient water heater.
When you specify and install a Hubbell Model E, you will have confidence in knowing that the owner will be provided with a long lasting, trouble-free water heater.
Heavy Duty Construction
- Hydrastone cement lining provides long tank life
- Plastic jacket will not rust, scratch or dent eliminating damage and is maintenance free
- No sacrificial anode rod required
- Industry's lowest standby heat loss reduces your operating costs
Advanced Electronic Controller
- Industry's First, 2/10 Limited Warranty
Two year labor, ten year full tank replacement including coil
- Industry's First, 2/10 Limited Warranty
Model E Water Heater Specifications
Model E: 2" Polyurethane Foam
Model M: 3" Polyurethane Foam
Standard: 5 Year Non Pro-Rated
Optional: 10 Year Non Pro-Rated
The Hubbell tank is all welded heavy steel construction designed for 150 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi. Each tank is centrifugally lined with 1/2" thick seamless high density Hydrastone cement with guaranteed 100% coverage of all steel surfaces. All tank openings are non-ferrous solid copper-silicon and are resistant to the corrosive effects of hot water.
3/4" combination cold water inlet and drain, with non-corrosive strata flow diffuser which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and assures delivery of more hot water - not lukewarm. A 3/4" hot water outlet with a uniquely designed built-in heat trap prevents heated water from radiating through the piping during standby periods.
Copper sheathed immersion heating elements with low watt density for prolonged life - up to 12 KW in 120, 208, 240, 277, 480 volt single phase. An adjustable surface thermostat operates in 110-170°F range.
Integral hi-limit with manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F.
Upper and lower element configurations are factory wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Highly efficient thick polyurethane foam insulation meets or exceed the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2007 standards for energy efficiency and heat loss.
The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and does not require painting.
1 Φ Wattage and Dimensional Data
|Storage Capacity (Gallons)||Base Model Number||
|Alternate Configurations||Dimensions (Inches)||Shipping Weight (lbs.)|
|KW||Voltages 1Φ||Model E Overall Diameter||Model M Overall Diameter||Overall Height||Floor to Inlet "A"||Floor to T&P "B"|
|Surface Thermostat||Immersion Thermostat|
|6||E06||1.5||120, 240||1.5, 2, 3||5, 6||120 208 240 277 480||15||N/A||17.5||5||12.5||105|
|10||E10||1.5||120, 240||1.5, 2, 3 4, 4.5||20||22.75||21||7||15||120|
|30||E30||4.5||240||1.5, 2, 3, 4, 4.5, 5, 6||20||22.75||41.5||7||34||185|
1. 120 volt models are available in 1500, 2000, and 2500 Watts only.
2. The 6, 10, and 20 Gallon models are available in lower element design only. All other sizes have both upper and lower element banks of identical wattage and are wired for non-simultaneous operation.
3 Φ Wattage Data
|3 Phase Open Delta Amperage|
|208 Volt 3 Phase||240 Volt 3 Phase||480 Volt 3 Phase|
|3000||1500||1500||12||30, 40, 50, 65, 80, 100, 120||7.2||7.2||12.5||6.3||6.3||10.8||3.1||3.1||5.4|
|8000||4000||4000||33||65, 80, 100, 120||19.2||19.2||33.3||16.7||16.7||28.8||8.3||8.3||14.4|
|10000||5000||5000||41||80, 100, 120||-||-||-||20.8||20.8||36.0||10.4||10.4||18.0|
All 3 phase open delta water heaters are supplied with upper and lower heating elements that are wired for simultaneous operation. Due to the unbalanced load of a three phase open delta circuit, the amperage on one leg is higher. Circuit protection should be sized based on the amperage of the highest leg of the open delta (L3).
- Immersion thermostat specify 100-180°F or 30-110°F temperature range
- Immersion adjustable 100-240°F safety hi-limit cut out with manual reset
- Steel wall shelf for 6 thru 40 gallon models
- Combination temperature and pressure guage: 2.5" dial, 70-250°F, 0-200 psi - specify if installed in tank or shipped loose for in line installation
- 1 1/2" Male NPT inlet and outlet water connections
- Solid (Copper-Alloy, Type 304L, Type 316L stainless steel) storage tank for maximum tank life
- Three phase open delta wiring (must be simultaneous operation)
- Heating elements wired for simultaneous operation
- Full 10 Year Non Pro-Rated tank warranty
- Integrally welded seismic attachment points
- Off-peak wiring for load management savings
- Alternate voltages available including 380, 415, 440 and 600 volt
- ASME tank construction
- Horizontal construction available
- Foam insulation 3" thick for improved operating efficiency
Model Number Designation E
E = 2" Foam
M = 3" Foam
EA = Pressure
Vessel is ASME
6-120 U.S. Gallons
Upper and Lower KW:
1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 6
(upper and lower KW
must be the same)
SL = Hydrastone Cement lined tank
CS = Solid copper-silicon tank
CN = Solid copper-nickel tank
SS = Solid stainless steel tank
(304L or 316L)
1 Φ Voltages
A = 120-1-60
RS = 208-1-60
S = 240-1-60
W = 277-1-60
T4S = 480-1-60
3 Φ Open Delta
R = 208-3-60
T = 240-3-60
T3 = 380-3-50/60
T7 = 415-3-50/60
T5 = 440-3-60
T4 = 480-3-60
E80 - 4.5 - 4.5SLS
Model E with a 2" foam insulation storage tank of 80 Gallons with 4.5 KW Upper and lower heating elements. Tank is cement lined and operates at 240V, single phase, 60 Hz power.
- Model E Brochure PDF (962 KB)
- Model E Written Spec PDF (444 KB)
- Model E Written Spec DOC (26.0 KB)
- Model E O&M Manual PDF (899 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.