Safety Electric Water Heater
Provides Tepid Water for Emergency Fixtures
Available up to 162 KW in All Three Phase Voltages
The Hubbell model ETX Tankless electric water heater is a highly reliable and easily maintained heater designed for operation in a commercial or industrial application. The Hubbell ETX Tankless heater is compact, extremely efficient, takes up minimal space, and reduces operating costs. Hubbell's vast experience, meticulous engineering and advanced technology ensure that you can rely on the model ETX for your water heating needs in even the most demanding and critical applications. The Hubbell Tankless is the right choice for your tepid water requirements, as you will be providing your customer with a quality product that is long lasting, trouble-free and energy efficient.
- How It
- Sizing &
- Formulas &
Heavy Duty Construction
- Constructed with high grade materials to ensure long operating life
- Simple to specify and easy to install and operate
- Factory packaged heater provides trouble-free installation and operation
- NEMA 4 construction standard
- Engineered for your specific application to ensure reliable operation
- Wide selection of sizes to meet the needs of even the most demanding application
- On demand heating eliminates costly and cumbersome storage tanks
- Instantaneous design reduces stand-by heat loss and significantly lowers operating costs compared to traditional storage systems
The Hubbell ETX Electric Tankless Water Heater provides high volume tepid water for safety drench systems with flow rates as high as 40 gpm. The heater contains high powered heating elements that heat water only when there is demand for tepid water. When tepid water is needed, a built in flow sensor measures the exact flow rate, and that data combined with temperature readings at the heater's inlet and outlet are processed by the electronic temperature controller. This data is continuously transmitted to the temperature controller, which constantly calculates the precise amount of power (kW) needed to achieve the desired temperature. A zero cross over firing signal is sent to the fast acting triacs in order to modulate the heating elements to the precise level needed to meet demand. The Hubbell ETX heater uses only as much power as is needed, while delivering accurate and consistent tepid water temperature.
Model ETX Water Heater Specifications
208 thru 600 Volt 50/60 Hz
2 & 3 element 8-27kW 3/4" sweat
6, 12 & 18 element 1" sweat
6, 12 & 18 element 24-162 kW 0.5 GPM, 40 GPM Max
2 & 3 element 8-27 kW 0.2 GPM Min, 8.0 GPM Max
A sophisticated electronic temperature controller with LED digital display provides the user interface. The temperature controller processes all flow and temperature data and calculates the precise amount of power needed to meet demand.
|Operator Control Capabilities|
|Power Limiting:||Allows the operator to reduce the power consumption by any percentage to provide installation and operational flexibility and savings.|
|Diagnostics:||Display inlet and outlet temperatures, flow rate and error codes to assist in troubleshooting.|
|Cost Calculator:||Determine the exact cost of operating the heater. Input your cost per KW•Hr and the controller displays total KW•HRs consumed, total cost of operation, and total hot water usage (shown in gallons or liters).|
|Temperature Control:||Set the digital display to the desired water temperature in °F or °C. Fceully adjustable in 1° increments from 32-104°F (0-40°C). A user adjustable +/- 3° calibration feature provides additional control for superior accuracy.|
Each heating element is switched on/off using a fast acting solid state triac with zero cross over firing control. This switching schema provides full modulation of each heating element, ensuring that the precise amount of heat is added to meet demand. To improve operating efficiency and component longevity, each triac is mounted to a heat sink located on the incoming supply piping so that heat generated by the triac during the switching process is dissipated into the water.
All Hubbell tankless water heaters, including all 3 phase models, are engineered to operate as a balanced load and operate at 0.999 Power Factor. All Hubbell 3 phase models are designed for 3 wire (3 live, 1 ground) and 4 wire power systems and draw equal current across all conductors to maintain the power integrity of the users electrical system. Hubbell does not recommend the use of heaters that operate as an unbalanced load, as is common with staged heaters designed for star systems (3 live, 1 neutral, 1 ground) that require use of the neutral leg.Â All load switching in Hubbell tankless models is performed as zero cross over, eliminating phase angle firing interference and associated EMI issues.
The Hubbell tankless control schema ensures that usage is equalized across all heating circuits. To achieve this, once the controller has calculated the precise amount of kW required, all circuits are energized in a staggered fashion such that each circuit is proportionally and independently energized and then time staggered between circuits. This Full Resource Staging Schema reduces EMI output, increases component longevity, and provides highly accurate and consistent hot water temperatures.Â For three phase models, all circuits are fully modulated and synchronized to operate as a balanced load.
Remote Control:Ability to remotely enable or inhibit the heating operation of the unit using one of the following two methods:
1. Customer supplied 24VDC signal is user configured for either Inhibit Mode or Normal Operation Mode.
2. Customer supplied volt free contact is user configured for either Inhibit Mode or Normal Operation Mode.
Priority Control: An integrated SPDT potential free dry contact (NO/NC 10A @ 240VAC) energizes when the unit is heating and de-energizes when not heating. This feature is useful when it is desirable to give the water heater priority over another electrical load to ensure that both are not operational at the same time.
8 - 54 KW Models (2, 3 and 6 Element)
72 - 162 KW Models (12 and 18 Element)
|2 & 3 ELEMENT MODEL TYPES|
|KW||3 Phase Voltages||1 Phase Voltages|
|6 ELEMENT MODEL TYPES|
|KW||3 Phase Voltages||1 Phase Voltages|
|12 & 18 KW|
|KW||3 Phase Voltages|
Recovery Rate Formulas
Heating Capacity and Amperage Chart
|KW Rating||Heating Capability in GPM at °F Temperature Rise (°FΔT)||MAX Amps (at 100% heater output)|
|3 Phase Voltages||1 Phase Voltages|
- Type 316L stainless steel heating chamber for added corrosion resistance.
- Special construction features. Please consult factory.
- Inlet and Outlet Valve assembly simplifies installation and includes unions, shut offs, check valve,drain ports and pressure relief valve.
- Heating chamber built to ASME Section VIII and "UM" stamped.
- NEMA 1 enclosure for general purpose locations
- Remote Control Display allows the heater to be installed in a remote location. The 3" x 5" NEMA 4 display enclosure can be located up to 250' from the heater and gives the operator full remote control and monitoring capabilities.
- Explosion resistant construction for installation in a hazardous location. Standard is class 1, Division 2, Group B. If application requires other please specify Class, Division and Group rating required.
- NEMA 4X enclosure, available in aluminum or stainless steel.
- Floor Mount Enclosure Option.
- Emergency stop button, located on control panel door.
- UL Listed Package
- Outdoor weather pacakge, for use in outdoor installations.
Model Number Designation ETX
8 thru 162 KW
(008 - 162)
RS = 208-1-60
R = 208-3-60
S = 240-1-60
T = 240-3-60
T3 = 380-3-50/60
T7 = 415-3-50/60
T5 = 440-3-60
T4 = 480-3-60
T6 = 600-3-60
A Hubbell tankless electric water heater rated at 24 KW with 3 heating elements and powered with 480 volt, three phase, 60 Hz.
- Model ETX Brochure PDF (1.8 MB)
- Model ETX Written Spec PDF (794 KB)
- Model ETX Written Spec DOC (26.5 KB)
- Model ETX O&M Manual PDF (1.7 MB)
- Tankless Low Lead Certificate PDF (546 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.