High Capacity Instantaneous Steam Fired Water Heater
The Hubbell F Model is a compact, highly efficient, packaged instantaneous steam fired water heater perfect for new or replacement water heating requirements. This highly efficient Hubbell heater requires no large storage tank, is easily installed and requires minimal floor space. Furthermore, the Hubbell F model utilizes a helical coil as its source for heat transfer and is up to 40% more efficient than traditional "U" tube heaters. When you specify and install a Hubbell steam fired water heater, you will have confidence in knowing the owner will be provided with a long lasting, trouble-free source for hot water.
Compact High Capacity Design
- On demand water heater eliminates the need for a large storage tank
- Advanced design requires only 7 Sq.Ft. of floor space
- All steam controls are located within the steel frame
- Water heater is factory assembled on an all welded steel mounting frame to save time and money during installation
- All steam operating controls are factory selected, sized and piped
- Ready for water and steam service connections
Heavy Duty Construction
- Heat exchanger is ASME Section VIII stamped and registered with the National Board
- Factory fitted protective shroud covers the heat exchanger for improved safety
- Helical coil design is up to 40% more efficient than traditional "U" tube coils
- No standby heat loss
- Feed forward blending valve controls hot water +/- 4°F
Model F Dimensional Data
|Cold Water Inlet (Male NPT)||1 1/2"||2"||2 1/2"||2 1/2"|
|Hot Water Outlet (Female NPT)||2"||2"||2 1/2"||2 1/2"|
|Steam Inlet (Female NPT)||3"||3"||4" FLG||4" FLG|
|Main Condensate (Trap Size)||1"||1"||1 1/4"||1 1/2"||Drip Trap Size||1/2"||1/2"||1/2"||1/2"|
Model F Water Heater Specifications
F30 & F60: 75 psi @ 350°F
F90 & F120: 50 psi @ 350°F
F30 & F60: 200 psi @ 400°F
F90 & F120: 200 psi @ 400°F
F30/F60/F90: 0.5" O.D. 18 BWG
F120: 0.625" O.D. 18 BWG
Operating Range: 105-185°F
70-270°F, 0-200 psi
20-120°C, 0-1400 kPa
Shell: 5 year
Coil: 5 year
Steam: Black Iron
- The factory-supplied, all welded, heavy duty steel stand is high enough to accomodate the condensate piping and traps, therefore no special field-erected stand is required.
- Hubbell is committed to increasing operating efficiencies and improving safety features. Therefore, each water heater is supplied with a factory jacket and insulated heat exchanger. Without this feature, the heat exchanger (with a surface temperature in excess of 200°F) acts as a radiator and adds to heat loss inefficiencies and is a severe safety hazard for personnel who may inadvertently come in contact wit the surface of the exchanger.
- The Hubbell water heater will fit through most doorways, for simple and time saving installation.
- With only 7 square feet of floor space required for installation, compared to conventional storage water heaters the Hubbell water heater will require significantly less mechanical room space.
- Traps and strainers are factory piped, assembled and tested to save time and money during installation and start-up.
- Built-in relief valve (water side) set at 165 psi to signal over-pressure condition.
F Model Optional Equipment
- Double wall tubing with leak detection port (F30 and F60 sizes only)
- Tubing materials available: Standard is copper, Optional materials are Admiralty, 90/10 Copper-Nickel, Stainless Steel (Type 304 or 316)Note:Tubing materials other than copper will exhibit lower maximum capacities
- Shell Construction: Standard is Cast Iron, Optional materials are Cast Steel, Cast Bronze, 90/10 Copper-Nickel, Stainless Steel (Type 304 or 316)Note:Cast steel shell ratings: F30: 225 psi @ 350°F F60 & F90: 225 psi @ 350°F F120: 225 psi @ 350°F
- In order to limit the steam pressure in the heat exchanger shell a steam pressure reducing valve is factory supplied and shipped loose for in-the-field installlation
- Single solenoid safety system opens the sensing line to the blending valve in order to limit the hot water output in the event of an over temperature condition. Requires 5 Amp, 120 Volt service.
- Double solenoid safety system opens the sensing line to the blending valve as well as closing the steam supply to heat exchanger in the event of an over temperature condition. Requires 5 Amp, 120 Volt service.
- All steam components (traps, strainers) shall be Cast Steel construction
- If water hardness exceeds 120 ppm, scale build-up can reduce efficiency. A factory packaged Klean-Koil Kit™ with built-in connections will allow for quick and easy in-place cleaning of the coil to remove these deposits thereby avoiding long periods of down time and expensive maintenance costs.
- Optional temperature control to +/- 3°F of set temperature.
- All 316 Stainless Steel blending valve and 316SS water piping
- Fixed temperature 3 way diverting valve, one (1) 1" globe valve, and two (2) 1" check valves are shipped loose for in-the-field installation.
- Same as previous option except with 3-way diverting valve that has an adjustable range.
- 3 way diverting valve is factory fitted and piped to the water heater.
- Model F Brochure PDF (1.6 MB)
- Model F Written Spec PDF (719 KB)
- Model F Written Spec DOC (28.5 KB)
- Model F O&M Manual PDF (3.6 MB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.